Top 16 Summer Book Reading List
Summer is a great time to relax and read a book between projects or while on vacation. It is also a great time to focus on your health and wellness goals now that we are at the half-way point for 2022. I highly recommend 16 specific Health & Wellness books to add to your summer reading list. Any one of these book recommendations will help you dig down on the subjects that can positively improve your day-to-day health and well-being.
1. Refresh Life: Oral Health, the missing piece to add years to your life and improve your overall wellbeing. By Dr. Dan Sindelar.
2. Beat the Heart Attack Gene: The Revolutionary Plan to Prevent Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes. By Bradley Bale, MD, Amy Doneen, ARNP with Lisa Collier Cool.
3. A Plant Based Life: Your Complete Guide to Great Food, Radiant Health, Boundless Energy, and a Better Body. By Micaela Cook Karlsen.
4. The 30-Day Heart Tune-Up: A Breakthrough Medical Plan to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. By Steven Masley, MD.
5. The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health. By T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II, MD.
6. Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain – For Life. By David Perlmutter, MD.
7. The Great Cholesterol Myth: Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won’t Prevent Heart Disease – and the Statin-Fee Plan That Will. By Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS and Stephen Sinatra, MD, FACC.
8. Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically-Proven Nutritional-Based Cure. By Caldwell B. Esselystyn, Jr., MD.
9. Predictive Medicine: A Study in Strategy…A Plan for Maintaining Health by Avoiding Disease. By E. Cheraskin, MD, DMD and W.M. Ringsdorf, Jr., DMD.
10. Ten Years Younger: The Amazing Ten-Week Plan to book better, feel better, and turn back the clock. By Steven Masley, MD.
11. The Deflame Diet: Deflame Your Diet, Body, and Mind. By David R. Seaman, DC, MD.
12. Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition. By T. Colin Campbell, PhD.
13. Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself. By William W. Li, MD.
14. Eat to Beat Disease Cookbook: 75 Healthy Recipes to Protect Your Well-Being. By Ginger Hultin, MS, RDN.
15. Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food. By Catherine Shanahan, MD.
16. The Pegan Diet: 21 Practical Principles For Reclaiming Your Health in a Nutritionally Confusing World. By Mark Hyman, MD.
I believe health and wellness enthusiasts that are searching for new ways to better their health will enjoy this list. When we’re reading it benefits our brain and is also quintessentially fun to learn.
With wishes for good health,
Dr. James Hasken
About James A. Hasken, DDS
Since 1987, Dr. James Hasken has been providing HEALTH-FOCUSED DENTISTRY in McHenry. Being Health-Focused means that we provide you with the information and coaching to help you toward your oral health goals. Our approach is INTEGRATIVE DENTAL MEDICINE which is about identifying how the BODY, BREATHING, BACTERIA, and BITE effects total health. This puts you, the patient, at the center with a focus on prevention, fostering the development of healthy behaviors, and skills for effective self-control and care that can be used for a lifetime to attain optimum health. The mouth is a reflection of total body health. We would love the opportunity to help you attain the level of total body health you desire. We serve many patients from McHenry, Crystal Lake, Woodstock, Spring Grove, Richmond, Genoa City, Twin Lakes, Wonder Lake, Island Lake, Johnsburg, Ringwood, Volo, Fox Lake, Lakemoor, Holiday Hills, Round Lake, Round Lake Park, Round Lake Beach, Geneva Lake, and surrounding areas. We invite you to contact us today at 815-385-0777!